Sunday 2 March 2014

My main artist for my magazine

Due to my model being unavailable, my friend Beth was able to do the shoot last Saturday. The Artists identity:
I want my artist to be an alternative rock singer, this will make a direct link with my magazine genre. I want my artist to have a quirky and unusual identity to add interest to the music industry, this links with their chosen instrument, a ukulele, this is because its an item not often seen in the charts. I want my artists message and identity to be positive and consumer friendly, for example I don't want her to look like Rhianna because it will attract the wrong kind of attention and will lessen the serious note. Hopefully these decisions will attract an audience of 16 to 21 year old's who care about good music, not just image alone.

Name: I have decided to call my artist 'BREAKING BETH', I decided on this as my 'artist' will 'breaking' into the music industry, this creates a sense of something new and fresh, therefore linking to a younger age group who are more open to accept change in the industry. The name will attract my audience because it includes the name of the artist, so it adds a personal touch, it also means the artist isn't hiding behind a stage persona so they seem more trustworthy. I have done some research into artist names and alternative female singers such as 'Florence and the machine' and 'Marina and the Diamonds' all have their real names incorporated into their titles to add personality.

The Logo: Here are some logos from other bands/artists with the alternative rock genre, as you can see they are simple and include the band/artists name or initial in a unique font, if images are used they are simple shapes that make up a letter or outline the logo. In terms of the color, all of these logos are in black and white, this means they can complement any album cover, poster or merchandise made and can be edited easily.

Florence & the Machine - Heavy in Your Arms Review
                             
Where do I find TTF (True Type Font) Marina And The Diamonds? Yahoo! UK Ireland Answers


So here is my logo that I created on fireworks

 
I wanted to create a simple logo that was inspired by my research, I have used a 'brush' effect font from DA fonts called 'Filbert color' in black to contrast any background. The fonts simple style enables me to edit it on photoshop with ease, I used the eraser tool to create a shattered glass effect, hence linking to 'BREAKING' in the artists name

Artists album: brush strokes

I chose this name to represent how the artist has 'painted a portrait' of her life with Her music.

No comments:

Post a Comment