Wednesday 19 March 2014

My final contents page

Here is my final contents page for my music magazine, I created it on Fireworks. 

Images: The images I have used represent how important the corresponding article is, therefore the larger the image the more vital the article is. I used a variety of shots including a closeup, med shot and eye level long shot, this adds interest. I edited some of them by cropping away certain areas using the rectangular marquee tool to change it's shape. All three images have captions on them to show the reader which article they belong to.

Text: The text itself is categorized under different sub headings for easy navigation, again I have made up bands and artists for my contents page.I have included a variety of articles to engage the reader, most of them are about current music and promoting new artists into the music scene. 

Layout: My contents page layout is in columns for easy navigation, I used the text tool and the group button to move chunks of text easily into place. All of the articles are under different subheadings to categorize them, such as the article "gig discounts" will be under the subheading "every month" this creates easy, no nonsense navigation. The images break up the text for a more relaxed feel. All of the numerical bullet points have a break up line to the right of them so they stand out next the their linking article. I have changed it slightly from the draft as the images and text are located in a different place, I used the pointer and scale tool to do this.

Editors letter: The editors letter adds a personal touch and introduces the magazine to the reader, I used the glitter background from my original glitter image then used the rectangular marquee tool to cut out the best portion of it, then, I added a white box out with a feathered edge so it blends easier and gives a soft gradient effect. The letter itself is in one piece of continuous prose to add flow and a relaxed feel.

Fonts:The fonts I used are bold and unique, I used the same font as the cover masthead for the contents masthead to add a link. The sub headline font is in a handwritten style so it is more noticeable and informal, the contents body itself used the calibri font because it's easy to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment