Wednesday 6 November 2013

Final school magazine Cover

Here I have created a magazine cover with the title of ACCESS IDSALL,


So, here it is. Sorry about the resolution as it's a bit blurry and I think I have cropped a bit too much from the top. In the background I have used a medium close up image of some students at my school, the  medium close up allows a sufficient amount of background to be shown, so the audience can see the subjects in relation to their surroundings, I edited the photo on photoshop and I used the healing tool to blur minor imperfections. At the top of the page I have used a secondary lead placed on a box out (if some words don't make sense, check my previous September about codes and conventions of a magazine) this catches the audiences attention because the word "NEW" has been used and placed on a box out with a contrasting colour.

To the left of this is the logo which I created on fireworks and includes the Idsall oak tree to link to the topic of the magazine. The headline is similar to my first layout in the sense that the text is placed on a contrasting colour box out in the shape of a scribble to give the cover a more fun feel. It's also pretty similar to my second design as the title is located in the top centre unlike before where it was to the left, this is so the audience interact with the text more as it is in their direct eye line. The font of the masthead is in a basic black colour to contrast with the box out, the font style is a very typical 'old school' shape, but it is very fun and interesting at the same time, because of this it echos 'school magazine'.

Secondary leads in the form of text are placed to the left and right side of the page to preview the articles inside, again box outs are used to make the text stand out from the image. The headline is placed on a box out on the diagonal, this adds interest and rivals the typical horizontal text format. The font in all the text is suitable as it's easy to read due to its curved lines and decent thickness, as it is legible, the audience can gain information from it quicker than if I had used a fancy more unusual font. 

At the bottom their are another two secondary leads in the form of pictures to preview the articles inside, they have captions underneath to explain the story. Behind these their is a backdrop of scattered leaves which I edited on fireworks, this links to the school tree and brings the magazine together as a whole because it adds another layer of interest.


No comments:

Post a Comment