Thursday 10 April 2014

My final front cover and the changes I have made

I have made a few changes to my front cover due to the feedback I received from my teacher.
 
 
Firstly, my teacher said that the box out was too big on the article "GREAT YEAR, GREAT ALBUMS", I used the scale tool on fireworks to re size the white box out so it wraps the text more closely, therefore minimising unnecessary white spaces. However, because the first line of the secondary covered less pixels in width than the line below, a gap was left on the boxout, I didnt want to resize the text itself using the scale tool as the I was happy with the size already, because it was legible and eyecatching. I first tried to include an asterisk in the gap to guide the reader where the text is, from my research it worked well on company magazine, I used the brush tool with a hard rounded black line to roughly draw the shape for a scribbled effect, however it did not look right on my cover and made it look messy. Instead I used the text tool to add "2013" in a size 13 calibri bold font, I used the scale tool to rotate it so it was adjacent to the secondary lead "GREAT YEAR" this acts as a pull to draw the readers attention to what the articles about.   

No comments:

Post a Comment