Monday 14 October 2013

Magazine cover practice

Now lets get down to buisness, as I am creating a magazine I need to create a suitable layout to make it half decent. I have used the edited image of Hayley Williams as the main image of my magazine then I edited the rest on fireworks.

The final idea

The original image
 The first edit
for the first edit I used picmonkey to retouch the image to give a smooth finish so when it came to applying the filter the image looked consistent. I used a filter to make the image look more bright

The second edit
 
This is the second step where I cropped the background of the photo on photoshop.
 
 

The third edit
And finally for the third step I used Fireworks to add layers of text/ images and colours.
I have layered the image over the masthead to brong the photo forward so it looks more interesting, the headline is locted on a boxout in a contrasting colour to add interest, the text is placed at an angle to make the cover look more quirky. The main headline is in a contrasting colour and in a different font to keep audience attention. The secondary leads (text here) are located on box outs to make the text stand out




No comments:

Post a Comment