Friday 6 December 2013

Magazine Font testing

Here I have analysed and tested fonts for my masthead, I have tested them with the title 'BASSLINE', I probably wont go for this name as it suits the R&B genre more. I have sourced my fonts from dafonts.com which is a great resource for collecting fonts of different styles and genres. I have first created a moodboard which shows an example masthead title is the fonts I like.


I have chosen fonts that fit in with the theme of alternative/ indie/ rock as they are quite bold but still quirky and unusual.
I like this font because it has a vintage, rocky edge to it, it's bold, fun and unusual. However it is quite 'busy', therefore it will be hard to edit by adding colour.

This font is very similar to 'cast iron' in terms of the style, exept it looks more natural and handwritten, giving it an almost tattoo like feel (hence the name), yet again it will be hard to edit or enlarge it .

This font is very clear and bold, so the masthead will be easily visable, it is a little too formal as I want my magazine to be friendly and more relaxed.
This font is really unusual as the 'break' in it adds another unusual dimension, its nicely rounded in shap so it dosen't look too formal.
I really like his font because its clear, bold and easy to edit, its also quite modern thus it will link to the modern images my magazine will include.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment